Some of you might be wondering what to expect on Saturday, as this is likely the first parkade party you’ve encountered. So we thought we’d give you a run down on everything you need to know!
WHAT: Blink: Parkade Party!
WHERE: Vinci Park 103 (10040 103 Street)
WHEN: Saturday, August 31, 2013 from 6-11pm
Admission is free! But we will be collecting donations for Downtown Proud, a program run by Boyle Street Community Services that helps keep the core clean. We are suggesting that you donate $5 if you are able.
Schedule of Events
There is something for everyone at the parkade party!
- 6:00 – 7:30pm – DJ Thomas Scott (Urban Monks) will be ushering us into the 50s and 60s with a rock & roll soundtrack from the era
- 7:30 – 8:00pm – E-Town Salsa will be offering Latin dance lessons. Get ready to learn the salsa, merengue and bachata! To rev everyone up, they will end with some zumba!
- 8:00 – 8:30pm – nothing says carnival like a cookie eating contest! Cookie Love will be hosting a cookie eating contest featuring a number of Edmonton’s social media superstars, including Brittney Le Blanc and Liv Vors. Who will reign supreme? Join us to find out!
- 8:30 – 9:00pm – Sugar Swing Dance Club will be teaching Grease-inspired dance moves. Ever wanted to “Go Grease Lighting” like the T-Birds, or “Hand Jive” with the best of them? Now’s your chance!
- 9:00 – 11:00pm – an outdoor screening of the iconic 50s musical, Grease!
- 11:00pm – it’s Saturday night after all, so join us for an after party at Cask & Barrel!
Throughout the evening there will also be fun carnival games!
What to Bring
Media Architecture Design Edmonton (MADE) will be deploying some grass tiles as a way of transforming the parkade landscape, but for your comfort, we’d recommend bringing a chair for the movie screening!
Also, we’re in Edmonton after all, so be prepared for all weather conditions (hats, jackets, blankets) – you just never know!
Access and Parking
The parkade is equipped with an elevator at the 103 Street entrance.
Parking is available in Vinci 103 on the lower levels (P3 and below). The rate is $3/day on Saturdays.